- 5.155 miles between Solon and Chagrin Falls built by the Painesville, Canton and Bridgeport Narrow Gauge Railroad in 1877. (Some property in Chagrin Falls originally purchased by the Painesville & Hudson Railroad in 1858)
- PC&B purchased by the Chagrin Falls & Southern Railroad on November 17, 1880.
- CF&S consolidates deeds to property between Solon and Chagrin Falls in 1882.
- 3.04 miles between Falls Junction (Cleveland & Canton Main Line - W&LE Cleveland Division Main Line) and Solon built by the Cleveland, Chagrin Falls and Northern in 1888.
- Cleveland & Canton leased the CCF&N on April 1, 1889.
- CF&S purchased by the CCF&N May 17, 1890 and converted to standard gauge.
- C&C acquired by the Cleveland, Canton & Southern in 1892.
- W&LE purchased the CC&S in 1899.
- In 1902 the W&LE authorized the lease or purchase of the Chagrin Falls and Lake Erie, a stretch of road ten miles long, from Chagrin Falls to the lake. The strip was not yet complete, and was never completed by the W&LE. Some property along the route was purchased by the CF&LE (originally incorporated by the Cleveland & Eastern Railway in 1901).
- 1906 Wheeling & Lake Erie - This company, it is said, is planning to extend its Chagrin Falls branch north about 30 miles to Fairport on Lake Erie. Surveys are now being made. It is thought the proposed extension will follow the original survey of the Clinton Air Line to within 10 miles of Painesville and then branch off to Fairport. The Clinton Air Line was surveyed and two miles of grading completed about 30 years ago. Railroad Gazette 1906-07-20 p20.
|View the Chagrin Falls Branch right of way and points of interest in Google Earth.