Canal Society of Ohio
Glass Plates

 

These glass plate negatives were donated to the Canal Society of Ohio by Barney Golding. Some have been identified, but more help is needed. Contact Stephen -at - Titchenal.com if you have suggestions for the location. Click on image for high resolution jpg. They may take a few seconds to download.
Walhonding River Aqueduct on Ohio & Erie Canal north of Roscoe. Coshocton County

Lower Basin north of Roscoe at start of Walhonding Canal. Abandoned triple locks with Pennsylvania Railroad Wahonding Branch trestle built on top of it.

See the Spring 2018 Ohio Canal Society tour pages for the O&E and Walhonding Canal

Bridge over Ohio & Erie Canal north of Roscoe and south of Lower Basin.
Bridge over Ohio & Erie Canal north of Roscoe and south of Lower Basin.
Further south on the Ohio & Erie Canal north of Roscoe.
Covered Bridge.
North Industry station along the Valley Railroad (Cleveland Terminal & Valley - Baltimore & Ohio) south of Canton in Stark County.
Birds eye view of town, brick works in distance.
 
 
 

Koehler Bros. Meat Market has a poster in the window for Myers Lake Park Theater (north of Canton) that existed from 1906 to 1926. The poster lists an event on Sunday, August 28 which is correct for the year 1910. The 1910 Canton City Directory lists Koehler Bros. (George J. & William), dealers in fresh, salt and smoked meats, 1211 W. Tuscrawas, both Phones 663

Factory along railroad.
Abandoned stone building next to old frame farm house.
Cover bridge with swing span over wide river near dam.
Train, multiple tracks along river.
Train, multiple tracks along river.

 

About this website - License/Copyright - DjVu - Digitization - What's New - Search