Western Allegheny Railroad

April 2, 1902. Incorporated under the general laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the interest of the Great Lakes Coal Company predecessor of the North Penn Coal Company. Entire stock owned by Pennsylvania Railroad in 1945

Coverdale and Colpitts, The Pennsylvania Railroad Hagley Museum collection

Construction:
  • 1903 Queen Junction to Kaylor, Pa 18.38
  • 1903 Blackburn to Snow Hill 3.20 (1.17 miles abandoned in 1909; remainder in 1916)
  • 1906 East New Castic to Queen Junction, Pa 23.45 (Abandoned in 1942)
  • 1907 Kaylor to Bradys Bend 3.09 (0.89 of a mile at Bradys Bend abandoned in 1943)
  • 1912 West Pittsburgh to East New Castle 3.05 (Abandoned in 1942)

1930 Track Chart

courtesy of Gary L. Moser

see also: Cole, Wayne Ghost Rails II Western Allegheny Railroad
About this website - License/Copyright - DjVu - Digitization - What's New - Search